Uniform and Equipment List
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
All students must wear full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change.
Uniform Update – December 2020
We believe passionately that our uniform gives students a sense of belonging and creates an identity for the school in the community.
Students should wear a white shirt, mid-grey trousers/skirt, year coloured tie and sensible school shoes. The mid-grey V-neck jumper is optional. Students who wish to wear a jacket to school may wear a smart black or navy jacket or coat to and from school. The coat should not be worn on school premises.
Water fountains are still available for students to use, however students will need to bring a reusable and labelled drinking bottle to fill up from the fountains. The water fountains should be used for filling up water bottles only, students should not drink directly from the fountains.
Students should be equipped with what they need in all lessons. In their school bag they should have black or blue ball point pens, pencils, a rubber and a ruler. It is useful for students to have equipment such as highlighter and glue sticks also.
ID cards will be issued to every student and must be worn at all times. ID cards will be used in place of the finger scan system when paying for meals. The ID card is a new addition to the school uniform, and students will need to pay a replacement fee of £5 should they require a replacement.
Please note that face masks currently form part of the uniform due to the COVID19 pandemic. These must be worn by all students on corridors.
On the days where students have PE lessons, they should arrive to school in their PE kit. The changing facilities in school we be closed based on government guidance. This means that students should arrive to school in their PE kit, complete all lesson in their kit and go home in their kit. As the old PE kit was branded, we ask students to wear a plain red PE t-shirt and navy PE tracksuit bottoms. If students do not have this colour kit, they may wear a plain t-shirt and tracksuit bottom (not leggings or running tights) of a different colour as long as the colour and fit are both appropriate. On these days, students will obviously be wearing suitable PE trainers for their PE lesson. This is the only time that students should be wearing trainers.
For students in years 8-11, we will be ironing a logo patch on to their existing blazers. This will be taking place during the school day.
We have a small stock of blazers in school, which we hope to distribute to year 7 students before the end of this term. However the PE kit and jumpers are on order and we anticipate that they will be available to collect in the new year.
Pre-Order of Uniform
Due to covid-19 we have reduced the number of visitors on-site, and therefore we ask that you use the size measuring guide below to establish the best size fit for your child when placing your order.
Should you request support from the school in measuring your child, please contact the school.
Once you have measured your child, please make payment via Parent Pay (www.parentpay.com), selecting the correct items of uniform and including the size of item your require. We will let you know once we have the item in stock and it is ready to be collected.
Re-imbursement of Uniform
Year 7 – As new students you will receive a 50% discount on the blazer as it is the first provided. This will automatically be applied to payment on Parent Pay. Therefore the blazer cost for all year 7 parents will be £14.22. We hope to have all students in the new logo blazer by the end of 2020.
As promised, we will swap any like-for-like SJCR branded uniform items, i.e. jumpers or PE kit for the same size Stepney All Saints uniform or provide cover patches to iron on to uniform where it is possible. Once we have your items in stock we will contact you to bring in your old branded items for swapping. We anticipate this will be in early 2021.
Size Guide and Exchanges
Please use the measuring guide below to identify the best fit of uniform for your child when placing the order.
Should your uniform item arrive and be incorrect in size, we will offer an exchange within 14 days of you receiving your uniform items, provided the items are returned in a good condition with all labels attached.
- Height – This is best done barefoot, with feet together flat on the ground and back against a wall; measure from the top of the head to the ground.
- Neck – Place the tape measure where the shirt collar would normally sit around the base of the neck. Leaving a little extra room is very important so that the collar is comfortable, so make sure not to pull too tightly.
- Chest – Take the tape measure through the underarms, around the fullest part of the chest.
- Waist – Measure around the natural waistline, not pulling too tightly to ensure comfort.
- Hips – Standing straight with the heels together, take the tape measure around the fullest part of the bottom.
- Inside leg – This time shoes on; measure from the inside leg to where the trouser is normally worn on the shoe. If you’re unsure, trousers should sit approximately 5cm from the ground.
Please see the full price list below.
We appreciate your patience in getting our new branding in place, and aim to have all students in the correct school uniform by the Spring Term 2021.
- White collared shirt/blouse
- Tie (in year colours). Ties should be worn to the correct length, showing at least 7 stripes. Ties will be supplied to all students at the start of year 7. There will be a fee of £4.00 for replacement ties.
- Mid-grey uniform trousers
- Mid- grey pleated skirt; of suitable length
- Mid- grey full length smart skirt
- School Blazer (purchased from school)
- Plain black or grey socks (with trousers)
- Knee or ankle length black or grey socks or black coloured seamless tights (with skirt)
- Black low-heeled smart shoes; not trainers or plimsolls
- NO jewellery, other than wrist watches
- Head bands must be black or navy
- School ID card on correct year group lanyard (there will be a fee of £5.00 for replacement ID cards)
- Face Mask (must be worn during all transitions)
- Grey V-neck logo jumper (purchased from school)
- Coat – black/navy. Must be of an appropriate length to cover the blazer. NO hoodies or tracksuit tops
- Headscarf (hijab) – navy
PE & Swim Kit
In the interest of health and safety as well as comfort, it is essential that all children change clothes and footwear for Physical Education. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in providing the essential items of the PE kit. Swimming lessons are compulsory and children should bring with them a towel and appropriate swim kit.
- Logoed PE T-shirt (purchased from school)
- Logoed tracksuit top (purchased from school)
- Logoed tracksuit trousers (purchased from school)
- PE shorts (purchased from school)
- Royal blue football socks (purchased from school). Students are still able to wear red football socks from the old uniform.
- Trainers – black
- Shin pads
- Navy blue or black swimming trunks (Lycra/Elastin – NOT baggy surf shorts)
- Navy blue or black 1-piece swimming suit
- Swimming hat
- Burkinis, swimming tops and swimming leggings are optional, but must be from a swim brand and worn with swim trunks/suit
All students must wear the full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change. In addition, all items of uniform should also be labelled with the student’s name.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / Fine Fibre Tips
- Ruler 12 inch or 30cm
- Basic Scientific Calculator
- Pair of Compasses
- Protractor (Angle Indicator)
- Rough Notebook / Jotter Set Square
- Tippex / Liquid Paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
- Textbooks and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
Sixth Form Uniform
To view a copy of the sixth form uniform, click here