A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
All students must wear full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change.
Uniform list – September 2020
We believe passionately that our uniform gives students a sense of belonging and creates an identity for the school in the community.
Whilst we are finalising our new school logo, students should not wear any branded items of clothing to school.
Students should wear a white shirt, mid-grey trousers/skirt, year coloured tie and sensible school shoes. The mid-grey V-neck jumper is optional. Students who wish to wear a jacket to school may wear a smart black or navy jacket or coat to and from school. The coat should not be worn on school premises.
As mentioned previously we will ensure that parents do not incur any additional costs as a result of the name change. Once the new logo has been finalised and produced we will provide patches to cover the old logos on blazers and will swap any SJCR branded uniform items.
Water fountains are still available for students to use, however students will need to bring a reusable and labelled drinking bottle to fill up from the fountains. The water fountains should be used for filling up water bottles only, students should not drink directly from the fountains.
Students should be equipped with what they need in all lessons. In their school bag they should have black or blue ball point pens, pencils, a rubber and a ruler. It is useful for students to have equipment such as highlighter and glue sticks also.
ID cards will be issued to every student and must be worn at all times. ID cards will be used in place of the finger scan system when paying for meals. The ID card is a new addition to the school uniform, and students will need to pay a replacement fee of £5 should they require a replacement.
Please note that face masks currently form part of the uniform due to the COVID19 pandemic. These must be worn by all students on corridors.
On the days where students have PE lessons, they should arrive to school in their PE kit. The changing facilities in school we be closed based on government guidance. This means that students should arrive to school in their PE kit, complete all lesson in their kit and go home in their kit. As the old PE kit was branded, we ask students to wear a plain red PE t-shirt and navy PE tracksuit bottoms. If students do not have this colour kit, they may wear a plain t-shirt and tracksuit bottom (not leggings or running tights) of a different colour as long as the colour and fit are both appropriate. On these days, students will obviously be wearing suitable PE trainers for their PE lesson. This is the only time that students should be wearing trainers.
Uniform List (will be confirmed when the Stepney All Saints logo has been finalised)
- White collared shirt/blouse
- Tie (in year colours). Ties should be worn to the correct length, showing at least 7 stripes. Ties will be supplied to all students at the start of year 7. There will be a fee of £4.00 for replacement ties.
- Mid-grey uniform trousers
- Mid- grey pleated skirt; of suitable length
- Mid- grey full length smart skirt
- School Blazer
- Plain black or grey socks (with trousers)
- Knee or ankle length black or grey socks or black coloured seamless tights (with skirt)
- Black low-heeled smart shoes; not trainers or plimsolls
- NO jewellery, other than wrist watches
- Head bands must be black or navy
- Grey V-neck logo jumper
- Coat – black/navy. Must be of an appropriate length to cover the blazer. NO hoodies or tracksuit tops
- Headscarf (hijab) – navy
PE & Swim Kit
In the interest of health and safety as well as comfort, it is essential that all children change clothes and footwear for Physical Education. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in providing the essential items of the PE kit. Swimming lessons are compulsory and children should bring with them a towel and appropriate swim kit.
- Navy blue or black swimming trunks (Lycra/Elastin – NOT baggy surf shorts)
- Navy blue or black 1-piece swimming suit
- Swimming hat
- Burkinis, swimming tops and swimming leggings are optional, but must be from a swim brand and worn with swim trunks/suit
- Logoed PE T-shirt
- Logoed tracksuit top
- Logoed tracksuit trousers
- PE shorts
- Red football socks
- Trainers – black
- Shin pads
All students must wear the full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change. In addition, all items of uniform should also be labelled with the student’s name.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / Fine Fibre Tips
- Ruler 12 inch or 30cm
- Basic Scientific Calculator
- Pair of Compasses
- Protractor (Angle Indicator)
- Rough Notebook / Jotter Set Square
- Tippex / Liquid Paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
- Textbooks and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
Sixth Form Uniform
To view a copy of the sixth form uniform, click here