Uniform and Equipment List
Uniform Update -21st June 2021
I am writing to you with some updates on the situation regarding the supply of uniforms. Firstly, to those who have purchased uniform via Parent Pay, I apologise for the delay that you have been experiencing in receiving your items. Whilst we were expecting the items to arrive in May, we have now received communications to inform us that all uniform suppliers are experiencing major global shipping issues as a result of the impact of the pandemic. Unfortunately this has resulted in major delays to the delivery of school uniform items. We have been advised further that this is likely to continue throughout summer and into September.
Frustratingly, suppliers are unable to provide us with an accurate date for delivery. I can assure you that as soon as the uniform items become available, I will ensure that we communicate this to you immediately. In the interim students should continue to come in to school in their correct school uniform (white shirt, grey trouser/skirt, year group tie and blazer).
New students starting in Year 7 will receive their first tie, free of charge, from the school on their first day.
On days that students have PE, they should continue to wear their PE kit to school (logo patches have been issued to students. We recommend in addition to ironing, parents should put a stitch in each corner of patch to ensure the patch remains in place). The PE kit should be either the school patched logo kit or a plain navy tracksuit and a plain T-Shirt.
We have a small stock of patched logo blazers and PE kit available for purchase in school. If you would like to purchase the logo-patched uniform, please email email@example.com who will advise if we have your sizes in stock. If the stock is available, you will need to pay for items via Parent Pay, and we will then distribute these items to your child in school. If your child needs to purchase a blazer and we do not have their size in stock, they will be issued with a note to confirm this.
As mentioned, we will inform you as soon as the stock arrives in school and the uniform is available to purchase.
Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Uniform List – June 2021
- White collared shirt/blouse
- Tie (in year colours). Ties should be worn to the correct length, showing at least 7 stripes. Ties will be supplied to all students at the start of year 7. There will be a fee of £4.00 for replacement ties.
- Mid-grey uniform trousers
- Mid- grey pleated skirt; of suitable length
- Mid- grey full length smart skirt
- School Blazer (purchased from school)
- Plain black or grey socks (with trousers)
- Knee or ankle length black or grey socks or black coloured seamless tights (with skirt)
- Black low-heeled smart shoes; not trainers or plimsolls
- NO jewellery, other than wrist watches
- Head bands must be black or navy
- School ID card on correct year group lanyard (there will be a fee of £5.00 for replacement ID cards)
- Face Mask (must be worn during all transitions)
- Grey V-neck logo jumper (school logo or plain)
- Coat – black/navy. Must be of an appropriate length to cover the blazer. NO hoodies or tracksuit tops
- Headscarf (hijab) – navy
PE & Swim Kit
In the interest of health and safety as well as comfort, it is essential that all children change clothes and footwear for Physical Education. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in providing the essential items of the PE kit. Swimming lessons are compulsory and children should bring with them a towel and appropriate swim kit.
- PE T-shirt (school logo or plain with no obvious logo, preferably in a royal blue colour)
- Navy tracksuit top (school logo or plain with no obvious logos)
- Navy tracksuit trousers (school logo or plain with no obvious logos)
- Navy PE shorts (school logo or plain with no obvious logos)
- Royal blue football socks
- Trainers – black
- Shin pads
Swim Kit (at present the swimming pool is closed for essential maintenance work. We will inform parents when swimming lessons are due to commence again and the swim kit will need to be purchased)
- Navy blue or black swimming trunks (Lycra/Elastin – NOT baggy surf shorts)
- Navy blue or black 1-piece swimming suit
- Swimming hat
- Burkinis, swimming tops and swimming leggings are optional, but must be from a swim brand and worn with swim trunks/suit
All students must wear the full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change. In addition, all items of uniform should also be labelled with the student’s name.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / Fine Fibre Tips
- Ruler 12 inch or 30cm
- Basic Scientific Calculator
- Pair of Compasses
- Protractor (Angle Indicator)
- Rough Notebook / Jotter Set Square
- Tippex / Liquid Paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
- Textbooks and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
Sixth Form Uniform
To view a copy of the sixth form uniform, click here
Purchasing Uniform, Size Guides and Exchange Policy
All uniform must be purchased via Parentpay.
Size Guide and Exchanges
Please use the measuring guide below to identify the best fit of uniform for your child when placing the order.
Should your uniform item arrive and be incorrect in size, we will offer an exchange within 14 days of you receiving your uniform items, provided the items are returned in a good condition with all labels attached.
- Height – This is best done barefoot, with feet together flat on the ground and back against a wall; measure from the top of the head to the ground.
- Neck – Place the tape measure where the shirt collar would normally sit around the base of the neck. Leaving a little extra room is very important so that the collar is comfortable, so make sure not to pull too tightly.
- Chest – Take the tape measure through the underarms, around the fullest part of the chest.
- Waist – Measure around the natural waistline, not pulling too tightly to ensure comfort.
- Hips – Standing straight with the heels together, take the tape measure around the fullest part of the bottom.
- Inside leg – This time shoes on; measure from the inside leg to where the trouser is normally worn on the shoe. If you’re unsure, trousers should sit approximately 5cm from the ground.
Please see the full price list below.
For further information or support with purchase of uniform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org