Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
Teacher of English – Maternity Cover to Commence in January 2020
Are you an outstanding teacher with strong subject knowledge?
Sir John Cass and Red Coat is an outstanding, inner-city Church of England School. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
We will offer you:
- A vibrant, multi-cultural environment
- A school with exceptional progress and attainment
- An induction and support programme widely recognised for outstanding practice
- Continuous Professional Development to develop you as a leader
- A calm and orderly school based upon high standards of behaviour and an ethos of trust and care
- A school rated as outstanding by Ofsted in 2015
- Our staff and students have already identified their ideal candidate:
- You are an outstanding teacher
- You are committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- You have an unshakeable belief that all children deserve an outstanding education
- You will have experience of teaching Media (desirable)
The successful English Teacher will be available to join this secondary school in January 2020 or earlier on a full-time, fixed term contract and will be working alongside a team of influential and dedicated teachers that truly get the best out of their students.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move us to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the job description for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Telephone inquiries are welcomed on 0207 790 6712.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on 7 October 2019
Stepney All Saints Secondary School complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
The application form of the successful candidate will be kept for the duration of employment. In case of resignation/retirement it will be kept for a further 7 years (legal obligation) and then securely destroyed. The successful application form and supporting forms (e.g. bank details etc.) will be sent to LBTH Payroll and EPM (Educational Personnel Management) for processing.
The unsuccessful application forms are kept for 6 months and then they are securely destroyed.