YR 7 Parent’s Evening Letter
Monday 25th April 2022
RE: Year Parents’ Evening- Thursday 5th & Friday 6th May – Online Video Appointment System (School Cloud)
Year 7 Parents’ Evening will take place on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th May 2022. This will be a virtual parents’ evening, which will allow us to provide face-to-face video meetings with teachers through the online platform SchoolCloud. This is an opportunity for you to speak to staff about your child’s progress over their first year in secondary school. Please note that teachers have the flexibility to be available Thursday 5th and Friday 6th May it is not expected for teachers to be fully available for both days.
Year 7 Parents’ Evening is an important opportunity for you to discuss your child’s progress in each of their subjects with the respective teacher. As this is such an important meeting, your attendance with your child is crucial and we really welcome your support.
As your child has recently completed their subject examinations, it will be an excellent opportunity for you to discuss next steps with your child’s teachers based on their set of results. The school’s SENDCO (Miss A Bell) will be available for appointments. If you wish to speak to them, please note that meeting slots are likely to be limited.
SchoolCloud allows you to choose video appointment times with teachers and you will receive an email confirming each of your appointments. Your email confirmation will contain a link that you will use at your designated time to virtually meet with your child’s teachers.
Please be aware of the following key points made by the company SchoolCloud;
- Please access School Cloud via the quick links on our school website at all times – https://stepneyallsaints.schoolcloud.co.uk
- A mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop can be used, but please check if your device has access to a microphone and preferably a camera before your meetings.
- The video appointments have a maximum length of 5 minutes to ensure teachers can meet with all parents during the evening.
- If you have any questions you wish the teacher to cover in the meeting please add these to the comments box when you make the appointment so the teacher can see these in advan
How to Book Appointments.
Appointments can be booked directly through the following website – https://stepneyallsaints.schoolcloud.co.uk
To log in, you will need to input the following information carefully, as a change in name may flag up as an error:
- Your details: Title, First name, Surname, Email address
- Student details: First name, Surname, Date of Birth. Please ensure the details you type in for your child’s name matches the name on the school system.
Appointments can be made from Monday 25th April 2022, and they are made on a first come first served basis, so you are advised to book appointments as soon as possible.
Please note appointments will close 2 days before the parents’ evening. It is possible that a subject teacher may request to make an appointment for you, if this is the case when you log into School Cloud that appointment will have already appeared in your appointments schedule. Please visit https://stepneyallsaints.school/online-parents-evening for further guidance on School Cloud and how to make appointments. On this link you will find a step-by-step guide for the process.
If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact your son/daughter’s form tutor who will be able to assist you. Thank you in advance for your support.
Head of Year 7