Year 12 Parents’ Evening: Wednesday 25th May and Thursday 26th May 2022
Wednesday 11th May 2022
RE: Year 12 Parents’ Evening: Wednesday 25th May and Thursday 26th May 2022 via the Online Video Appointment System (SchoolCloud)
Year 12 Parents’ Evening will take place on Wednesday 25th May and Thursday 26th May. This will be a virtual parents’ evening, which will allow us to provide face-to-face video meetings with teachers through the online platform SchoolCloud. Please note that teachers have the flexibility to be available either Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th May, it is not expected for teachers to be fully available for both days.
Year 12 Parents’ Evening is an important opportunity for you to discuss your son/daughter’s progress in each of their subjects with their teacher. As this is such an important meeting, your attendance with your son/daughter is crucial and we really welcome your support.
As your son/daughter has recently completed their Yr12 Mock Examinations, it will be an excellent opportunity for you to discuss next steps with your son/daughter’s teachers based on their set of results. Currently, subjects are either finishing off the Yr12 teaching content or have started Yr13 teaching content already. Therefore, your son/daughter requires 100% attendance until the end of the school term. Furthermore, subjects will be running intervention programmes from the 16th of May for a 4-week period for those students who are under-achieving in their subject areas. If students do not make the expected progress then parental meetings will be held at the end of June.
It is important that you view your son/daughter‘s mock examination data ahead of the night, this will be available on the SIMs (EduLinkOne) parent app. Details on how to set-up the app were sent to you last week through email.
SchoolCloud allows you to choose video appointment times with teachers and you will receive an email confirming each of your appointments. Your email confirmation will contain a link that you will use at your designated time to virtually meet with your son/daughter’s teachers.
Please be aware of the following key points made by the company SchoolCloud;
- Please access School Cloud via the quick links on our school website at all times – https://stepneyallsaints.schoolcloud.co.uk
- A mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop can be used, but please check if your device has access to a microphone and preferably a camera before your meetings.
- The video appointments have a maximum length of 6 minutes to ensure teachers can meet with all parents during the evening.
- If you have any questions you wish the teacher to cover in the meeting please add these to the comments box when you make the appointment so the teacher can see these in advance.
How to Book Appointments
Appointments can be booked directly through the following website – https://stepneyallsaints.schoolcloud.co.uk
To log in, you will need to input the following information:
- Your details: Title, First name, Surname, Email address
- Student details: First name, Surname, Date of Birth
- Please ensure the details you type in for your son/daughter’s name matches the name on the school system.
Appointments can be made from Tuesday 10th May 2022; appointments are made on a first come first served basis, so you are advised to book appointments as soon as possible.
Please note appointments will close 2 days before the parents’ evening. It is possible that a subject teacher will request to make an appointment for you, if this is the case when you log into School Cloud that appointment will have already appeared in your appointments schedule. Please visit Online Parents’ Evening (can be accessed from the school’s website) for further guidance on School Cloud and how to make appointments, there is also a systematic guide for the process.
If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact your son/daughter’s form tutor who will be able to assist you. Thank you in advance for your support.
Mr I Iqbal
Head of Year 12