Tower Hamlets – Families Matter Information
News and information to support your work with families – Information for families from Tower Hamlets, Families Matter
Poverty In Tower Hamlets: ‘Your Views’ Survey:
- The council is seeking views on poverty in Tower Hamlets through an online survey, especially its impact on children and older people.
- Evidence is invited as well as the experiences and opinions of residents, local partners, and others. Please encourage and support families that you work with to complete this online.
- The survey is now open and can be completed online until Monday 7 June.
Ideas to Promote Family Well-being:
‘Chit, Chat, Chai’ Sessions:
- ‘Chit Chat Chai’ sessions are free coffee morning/afternoon tea sessions for residents to attend as lockdown restrictions ease, designed to improve social interaction and health and well-being.
- See the Timetable and leaflet below for the dates and locations.
- Simply turn up to join in, or get in contact via the website: Health & Wellbeing – Tower Hamlets Homes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: Sha Akhtar, Community Partnerships Officer, Health and Well-being, Tower Hamlets Homes on 079 8457 5425 or 020 7364 7956
Woman’s Trust, Recovery From Domestic Abuse, Therapeutic Support Groups: Please share the attachment on what this involves and how members can join with those working to support families
- Free support for women affected by domestic abuse.
- Eight virtual sessions in a series with a therapeutic support group.
Parent/Carer Well-being Online Lunchtime Drop-in Sessions:
- Virtual sessions for parents and carers to come together, share ideas and promote well-being.
- The upcoming session is on Monday 17 May, 1.30-2.30pm, for more details and other session dates please see flyer